Icom has Released a new firmware update for the IC9100 radio overnight. IC-9100 Firmware Rev. E2 is now downloadable form the Icom Japan website. It is a stand alone .exe file that will install the E2 firmware update.
The new firmware corrects a number of Issue and offers improvements to the radio
- Fixed an audio problem when switching the band while receiving in the FM mode.
- Fixed a DTCS and tone squelch decoding problem when receiving in the 9600bps mode.
- Fixed an improper S-meter indication problem when the mode is changed while receiving.
its suggested you make sure you backup memories and settings for your radio, this upgrade suggests it wipes the radio memories (however my device retained all memories)
How to check the firmware version on the Icom IC-9100 and IC-7410
- Turn off the transceiver
- Press and hold F4 and F5 while turning on the IC-9100. *DO NOT RELEASE F4 AND F5 UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE VESION RESULTS.
- Results will appear at the bottom of the display
The latest IC-9100 versions should read (after E2 update)
- F_# = Front (currently no updates) 3.01-000
- M_# = Main (currently no updates) 3.42-E00
- DM_# = DSP Main (Current version should read 3.05 (00) )
- DS_# = DSP Sub (Current version should read3.08 (00) )